Welcome to charoDB v1.0 !
The charoDB maintains a database of genetic and genomic data for the charophyta research community. MGH harbors data covering the high-quality genome sequence along with various annotations such as CDS, protein, gene families, synteny, transcription factor, gene expression data, phenotypes,ncRNA, molecular markers, publications, and news information about the charophyta research community. The current MGH is V1.0 and will be updated every month with research advances.
MGH is launched in April 2017, by Mr. Junhao Chen, Dr. Fei Chen and Dr. Prof. Liangsheng Zhang, from center for genomics and biotechnology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University. Prof. Liangsheng Zhang is one of the leaders in the Lepidium Meyenii sequencing project.
- (2018-02-01) The homepage was modified and upgraded.
- (2018-01-01) The metabolomics panel was provided.
- (2018-12-01) The epigenomic panel was provided.
- (2018-11-01) The transcriptomics panel including the transcriptome search and download tools were provided.
- (2018-10-01) The transcriptomes were denovo assembled and annotated.
- (2018-09-01) The genomics panel including genomic tools (JBrowse, BLAST, Gene search, Gene family search) were online!
- (2018-08-01) The framework of the whole project was discussed and scheduled.
- (2018-07-01) The CharoDB-the omics database for the charophyta algae started~
The Viridiplantae kingdom was grouped into divisions, the glaucophyta, rhodophyta, chlorophyta, and streptophyta. The colonization of terrestrial habitats is thought to be by descents of streptophyta algae or the charophyta algae. Multiple key pathways governing development and stress signalling, such as the auxin biosynthesis, photosynthesis pathways, and several transcription factors (LFY, MADS, RAV, LBD, STAT, NAC, BES1, DBB, GRFFm EIL, HRT-like) mediated signalling pathways have been revealed to originate from charophyta algae. Thus, charophyta algae are extremely important to reveal the origin and early evolution of land plants, and will shed light on the researches on the colonization of aquatic planets by algae. This database is the first database focusing on the phylum charophyta algae, which aims to provide the most comprehensive omic data and tools for charophyta algae.